Web popanalysis.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 22, 2006

 

Babyshambles?


Inspiration: Rosemary's baby
Images: parents-to-be?

Margaret Sanger once wrote that "a stern and rigid policy of sterilization" should be applied to "that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring." Well lucky for Pete Doherty's uncle that forced sterilization never became popular outside of North Carolina mental institutes and Sweden, or else he wouldn't have earned his 15min of fame by announcing that Kate Moss is pregnant with Pete's child. Though I don't find Pete's uncle to be particularly credible, various other rumors about Kate designing a maternity line and believing that having a baby would force Pete to stay clean, have made me wonder...

Though I don't expect Kate to be a master of logic, I like to think that she can recognize sequences of events and correctly categorize them as 'patterns.' For example, Kate should have noticed by now that Pete does not really respond positively to rehab. Even more importantly, Kate should have noticed that Pete has children already, but still never stopped taking drugs. I don't suppose Kate has spoken lately to Lisa Moorish -- the lucky mother of both Pete and Liam Gallagher's children -- but I suspect Lisa would have a word or two of caution to give. Of course, Kate probably thinks that her baby with Pete would be 'special' because their love is 'real.' I'd like to think that not even Kate Moss is that dim, so until I see an unsightly baby bump distracting me from her skinny jeans and dilated pupils, I will assume that she uses birth control -- just as Margaret Sanger intended.

Comments:
Very nice! I like it. custom skateboards
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?